Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Playing Adults

This concept of adulthood is an interesting one. Besides getting a credit card and paying my phone bill (which I conclude no longer counts) the idea was foreign to me.

I believe I had my first taste of it last year when we decided to buy a house, get married and have a baby. What the hell were we thinking? Between figuring out mortgage stuff, rasslin' with sticky homeowners, wedding particulars (I did a lot of shrugging) and Drs appointments. I thought I would lose it, I had to keep it all in a calendar. There was one week, more like 9 days, that I had something scheduled EVERY day on top of working full time. Just thinking back on it makes my stomach do flips.

This may seem blasé to you busy beavers or those who are well into adulting it up. It was anxiety inducing for laid back moi.

It was good practice for actually owning a home. We have personal deadlines for projects we want (or have to) keep. Here I am again, making calls, organizing appointments, handing over the monies.
It's less intense now but it still causes some mild stress (what the hell isn't though)? At least now I'm not working. It's all much easier to deal with during working hours.

Everyone goes through this stuff. We all have to wade through the paperwork, sigh at another appointment, feel dizzy as we hand over sickening amounts of money. I wouldn't have been able to cope with the stress if I didn't have John to keep me relaxed and help me de-stress (and take me delicious food every once in awhile).
Did I mention he is a super awesome Dad as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment